Bhutan Tour Price – The view into the rate system of visitors
The Bhutan Tour Tariff Policy itself is a very unique, whereby every visitor to Bhutan, have to book through a licensed tour operator and pay an upfront all inclusive fees, is not practical anywhere else in the world. The tariff is also key policy instrument to promote High Value – Low Impact Tourism in Bhutan.
Tourism Council of Bhutan sets minimum selling prices for packages to Bhutan and this must be paid in US dollars prior to arrival in Bhutan.
The minimum tariff for tourist visiting in a group of 3 persons or more is as follows:
- High Season Tariff – US$ 250 per person per night halt (March, April, May, September, October, and November).
- Low Season Tariff – US$200 per person per night halt (December, January, February, June, July & August).
The minimum price includes:
- All Internal Taxes and Charges (including the royalty) Government Royalty
- Accommodation in twin Sharing in Standard Hotel
- All Meals
- All travel with a licensed Bhutanese Tour Guide (English Speaking)
- All Internal Land Transport
- Camping Equipment and Haulage for Trekking Tours
- Mineral Water
- The rates given above are applicable per tourist per night halt in Bhutan. On the day of departure, the ‘local agents’ host obligation shall be limited to breakfast only and any extra requirements shall be payable on actual basis.
The minimum daily packages rates shall not include the following:
- Air fare
- Airport Taxes
- Visa fees
- Medical Expenses
- Tourism Development Fund
- Insurance coverage
Individual tourists and smaller groups of less than three persons shall be subject to surcharge, over and above the minimum daily rates applicable, as follows:
- Single individual US$ 40 per night
- Group of 2 persons US$ 30 per person per night
The 10% agency commission payable to agents abroad shall not be deductible from the surcharge. The surcharge will not be applicable to representatives of foreign travel agents on business study or promotional visit duly approved and cleared by TCB.
Incase the number of persons travelling together is 3pax or more then there is no surcharge.
Single Room Supplements
The Government set package rates are valid for accommodation on twin sharing basis and incase of using single rooms, following supplements will be applicable:
- For, Festival season = US$ 45/ per single room per night
- For, other season = US$ 25/ per single room per night
Visa fee US $ 40/ per person is payable extra and it can paid along with tour payment.
The Government set package tariff do not include any Travel Insurance. It is imperative that tourists have full comprehensive insurance cover to protect against unforeseen accidents and mishaps. Such policies are not available in Bhutan. The insurance policy should adequately cover baggage and travel delays etc., helicopter evacuation, transportation and medical assistance incase of treks.
Discount on Tourist Tariff
- A discount of 50% on daily rates is available for one person in a group of 11 to 15 persons and 100% discount to one person for every 15 full paying persons.
- Full time STUDENTS below the age of 25 years holding valid identity cards from their institutions shall also be given a 25% discount on daily rates. This discount is subject to approval from Tourism Council of Bhutan, Royal Government of Bhutan.
- There shall be no charge for CHILDREN up to the age of 5 years (only Visa fee & Tourism Development fee payable). However, those between the ages of 6 to 12 years accompanied by elders/guardians shall be given 50% discount on daily rates.
Tour programs booked and subsequently cancelled shall be subject to cancellation charges as follows:
- Within 30 days of the start of the tour program: Free
- Within 21 days: 10% of the rate
- Within 14 days:15% of the rate
- Within 7 days: 30% of the rate
- Less than 7 days or cancellation without notice: 50%of the rate
- After arrival in Bhutan: 100%